Ancient wheats like kamut are put to the test for inflammation, blood sugar, and cholesterol control.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and receive recipes developed by the NF staff that will fuel your fitness goals.
Whole (ideally intact!) grains—ancient and modern alike—are an integral part of my Daily Dozen (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dr-gregers-daily-dozen-checklist/) checklist—the healthiest of healthy things I encourage everyone to try to fit into their daily routines.
They’re especially good for our microbiome:
• Resistant Starch & Colon Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/resistant-starch-colon-cancer/)
• Getting Starch to Take the Path of Most Resistance (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/getting-starch-to-take-the-path-of-most-resistance/)
• Gut Microbiome – Strike It Rich with Whole Grains (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/gut-microbiome-strike-it-rich-with-whole-grains/)
• Microbiome: We Are What They Eat (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/microbiome-we-are-what-they-eat/)
What about gluten? See:
• Is Gluten Sensitivity Real? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-gluten-sensitivity-real/)
• Gluten-Free Diets: Separating the Wheat from the Chat (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/gluten-free-diets-separating-the-wheat-from-the-chat/)
• How to Diagnose Gluten Intolerance (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-diagnose-gluten-intolerance/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-ancient-grains-healthier and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-ancient-grains-healthier. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
• Subscribe: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• NEW BOOK – How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: https://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast: https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/
Read more: youtube.com